TR3A wiper motor question

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Subject: TR3A wiper motor question
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:37:05 -0400
Cc: " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by TeriAnn Wakeman
>The TR3A wiper motor has three leads going to it:

Black - I assume ground
Green - 12V
black/green from ground via wiper switch

There are two insulated prongs labeled 1 & 2. plus a screw grounded to
the body labeled "E".

I assume black goes to the grounded screw labeled "E"

Does it matter which wire goes to which insulated lead and if so, what
number corresponds to which lead??
<

Yes it does.  I forget which way it goes but I researched it for Dan's
forthcoming book.  Hook it up and if the fuse blows swap the leads.  Or ask
Dan.  Or wait until tomorrow when I can have a look at Linda's TR3.

Dave