TR3 Lower A Arms

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Lower A Arms
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 23:13:08 EDT
Richard,
I have more work for you: (yahoo you say?) once you get the A-arms off the
car compare specific measurements to your factory manual to ensure they are
straight. I had to buy 4 used A-arms (mine had worn through the bushes and
into the castings. The four new used ones I bought were all a little bent and
took a bit of hell fire and sledging to get them to factory manual specs ie;
straight.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

>>From: richard triplett <rtriplett25@yahoo.com>

More questions on my 59 TR3A suspension strip down!
The passenger-side (US Spec) suspension is 90%
stripped. The parts that won't let go are the lower A
Arms. They are held tightly by the bushings that mount
them to the frame. In addition, I screwed up and
ruined the threads of the forward bushing mount, where
the nut holds the A Arm in place. I'm horrible at
describing in good enough detail, so please Surf to:

http://www.soggycat.com/suspension.htm

There are pics and the same questions there. Any help
would be appreciated on how to remove the A Arms and
if this threaded rod is replaceable. <<