Re: Coming down-continued

To: Matt Ritter <prdesign@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Coming down-continued
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:10:58 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Matt Ritter
>While I do agree in most part with the previous message I would like to
state one thing.  Comparing the U.S. transportation needs to Europe's
is missleading. Yes most Europian nations do have a supperior mass
transit sytem. And yes you can fit most Europian nations inside of
the state of Texas with room to spare.  So obviously the U.S.
transportation needs and Europes will be different. To quote a
british friend of mine while travelling up Interstate 95 after about
12 hours of driving he siad "how can we not have seen a city yet?"
<

Yes, we are much more spred out but most folks live in large, fairly dense
cities which are widely spaced.  Cross country transportation needs differ
from the needs of commuting within a city's environs.  It is this mode that
is a close parallel with that of Europe.

Europe has excelent intercity train service whereas here in the states we
rely on aeroplanes.  The reason is obvious.

Cheers

Dave