RE: flash to pass

Subject: RE: flash to pass
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:37:45 -0600
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

In Germany on a recent trip, I observed drivers using the left blinker to
indicate to the car in front they'd better get out of the way. Apparently
using your headlights to flash people is not legal there. Using the left
blinker is the preferred method. This is done on the autobahns when in the
fast lane. And it is fast! I reached speeds up to 200 km/hr (in a rental,
that's about 120 mph). The big German sedans and Porsches were going even
faster. Driving over there is quite different from North American roads...

Peter Zaborski (CF58310 UO)