RE: flash to pass

To: "'DANMAS@aol.com'" <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: RE: flash to pass
From: January Williams <january@exchange.chemeketa.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:26:39 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
 . . . .
When you say the "dip" switch still works, I assume you meant the
"flash-to-pass" feature?  Power to the dimmer switch for this function comes

from the fuse box, via a purple wire. This allow you to "flash-to-pass" in
the daylight, even if your headlights are not on. Why that was consider
important to Triumph, I don't know.
  . . . .
Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee
This feature was probably due to compliance with European market
considerations. Some localities ban the use of horns (some Italian cities)
and typically they use headlight flashes to signal instead of horns. My 63
Alfa had a ring on the steering wheel to flash the headlights several ways,
whether they were on or off, high or low, and the manual explained the use
per Italian custom.
cheers
January
TR4A  CTC74217LO