Re: radiator stop leaks

To: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, "TR Listserv" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: radiator stop leaks
From: Jeff Johnson <mondolux@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 21:49:14 -0500
Karl and List;

The brown  pellets that GM makes are indeed 'the good stuff'. GM had a lot
of problems with the cooling systems in their Cadillacs and so had to
devise a way to keep them from spewing coolant everywhere. A very good
solution ,IMHO. At my shop we use a Wynn's product that is made from cactus
juice- nice stuff also. Never, ever use Bar's stop leak in the bottle with
the liquid in it. A guaranteed way to clog some passage in your cooling
system.  Back in the sixties, the homemade cure was to use ground nutmeg as
I recall. I remember using said treatment on our '58 Impala - not that I'm
that old.  47 &1/2 last week.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6