Re: radiator stop leaks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: radiator stop leaks
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 20:10:49 EST
In a message dated 3/31/01 1:19:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
KVacek@Ameritech.net writes:

<< GM makes "Cooling System Seal Tablets" and the ingredients are ground
 ginger, ground almond shells, and boric acid.  Dry, brown, compressed
 tablets just small enough to fit through the radiator neck.

 I usually put a couple in every cooling system after a flush just for
 insurance against any small leaks, loose hose, etc.  Never had a problem
 from it being there.

 Bar's Leaks makes dry tablets that look similar, but no ingredients are
 listed. >>

As near as I can tell, the GM stuff and Bars leaks are the same. This is
really good stuff as the particles are not large in size reducing the chances
of clogging a heater core.  Also it does not discolor the antifreeze like
aluma seal does.

>From what I'm told, the stuff is used at the factory preventing nuisance
seepage from hoses, porous blocks and such.

Bars leaks used to make/still makes a mixture of brown liquid/pellets.  This
stuff seems to be a guaranteed ticket to a clogged rad or heater core.

Harold