Re: Veneer vs solid dash???

To: "Stephen Palmisano" <spalmisa@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: Veneer vs solid dash???
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:38:52 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Steve:

Well, you didn't say which car the dash belongs to.  If it's a Spit/GT6, for
instance, I do not recommend using a solid panel for a dash, as it will
crack eventually in the weak spots.  Instead, reveneer the original plywood
dash, which will not crack because of its multi-layer structure.  If you
want to see a nice write-up for doing this, go to http://www.vtr.org, and
head for the maintenance section.

--
Martin Secrest
TR6, GT6

> Have a veneer dash that is in rough shape and am looking to replace. Can
> you give me some pros and cons for replacing with a solid, such as teak?
Is