re: Fair value for a TR4- PLEASE HELP A NEWBIE! (long)

To: "Noah.Freeman@Bain.com" <Noah.Freeman@Bain.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Fair value for a TR4- PLEASE HELP A NEWBIE! (long)
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 17:31:31 -0500
Noah, you describe a very nice but not perfect car.  For $14k I'd look for one
that was closer
to perfect:

I.E.  The chrone was removed for the paint job, and they dit the INSIDE of the
hood too.  The paint job you describe
is a "quickie" (to me).

I guess it is worth 8k to 10k.  I'd be concerned about original u-joints,
original suspension rubber items,
original springs and shocks.  All these may not really be up to par.  They are
not terribly expensive to
replace, but you might be in for another 2k when it is all said and done (by
someone else).

So,  My OPINION is 8k to 10k.  If all the above stuff were done as well, then
add $1k.

I am interested in what other responses you get since you describe my car (mine
might not be as clean).

-Tony

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:owner-triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
>From: "Freeman, Noah" <Noah.Freeman@Bain.com>
Subject: Fair value for a TR4- PLEASE HELP A NEWBIE! (long)

Hello triumph vehicle consultants-

I just spent yesterday looking at a super condition TR4 as my first (though
Im sure not last) triumph acquisition- Ill put some details through here in
the note, and I hope you can come in with suggestions on value and bidding
strategy...