Re: DOT 5 Bad for Boosters?

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DOT 5 Bad for Boosters?
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:49:09 -0500
Randall et al:

I'm not against using DOT 5.  In fact, I love it -- I use it in my GT6 and
my racing kart.  But the mechanic who told me this is not just a guy at the
local Exxon -- he's the proprieter of a British car shop, and they see lots
of LBC's all year 'round.  It is my impression that he has drawn a parallel
between DOT 5 and booster failure, and while it is true there is supposed to
be no fluid in the booster, as I know from experience, fluid can leak into
the servo.  So the question is, does DOT 5 compromise booster internals?

--
Martin Secrest
GT6, TR6