Re: A Day Under the Hood

Subject: Re: A Day Under the Hood
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 18:19:44 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
But did the dog enjoy the ride ???

The new points should've come with two little plastic bushings to go on
either side of the points spring where it slips over the metal post.
The two wires have to go between the upper bushing and the spring,
rather than between the nut and bushing.

As for why vacuum retard, only the EPA knows for sure (and some would
argue that they haven't the equipment to know anything).

Randall