mechanical drawings LONG

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: mechanical drawings LONG
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:52:13 -0500
Ford Motor Co. gave every drawing, every memo, every written document and
everything to do with the Model A Ford including hand written memos by Henry
, to the Model A Club of America and the Model A Restorers Club of America,
only thing Ford asked the national clubs to do was come to Dearborn and
furnish the labor for transcribing all of the original documents over to a
hard drive, which the individual clubs nationwide took turns doing, spending
4 days each week in Dearborn, the clubs that could not go then sent
donations for the completetion of this hugh project. Every supplier of every
part has always been know on "A" parts, most have their I/D stamped on the
part. Not being a lawyer, I have no idea how law suits could evolve from
this fine jesture by Ford. Now Ford still gets a royalty from any
aftermarket product bearing their trademark name, which they test and
approve before their name can go on the package, this way when a owner is
buying a product he knows with the trademark name on the package it is a
approved product. I am not speaking for any of our LBC cars, just what I
know happened to the "A" model, and yes the entire project is very detailed.
"FT"