Re: Spitfire Head Gasket

To: Justin Paxton <justin@Bexel.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Head Gasket
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 10:34:35 +0000
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Here's what always works for me (Use it as you wish)

I use Copper Kote (any type of copper spray on sealer) on the gasket and
install it according to the manufacturer's recommendations.

Torque it to mfg. specs. cold and then when it is all together, start the
engine and bring it up to operating temperature.

Immediately pull off the rocker shaft and re-torque while the engine is hot!
You will find that heating the engine will loosen some if
not all the head bolts.  THis process will give the best protection against
leaks.

You will have to let the engine cool down before adjusting the valves.

Regards,
Joe Curry