Re: Garbled text by mail server

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Garbled text by mail server
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:01:34 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Date sent:              Sun, 4 Mar 2001 09:45:09 -0500
From:                   David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject:                Infos sur TR6
To:                     "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>

Message text written by "J.H. Roulleaux"
>Bonjour Gilles,
Je viens de recevoir votre demande par l' intermidiaire du Triumph
team net. Je ne sais pas de quel pays vous domicilii, mais je peux
vous dire qu'il y a des adresses dans presque tous le pays d'
Europe

Dave,
Thanks for your mail concerning my message to Gilles what I did in
french. From the readback I had to notice that the Team Net mail
server does support french language and is transforming ALL french
letters with characters into different letters,so I should have left out
the characters and just use the letters,so the receiver can make
out himself the character that is supposed to go on top of the
letter. I noticed in the readback that an "e" with character becomes
an " i" or a "j" ,the same for "a" with chararacters where the letter
"a" is left out . This makes the text almost unreadable.
So anyone sending such a text be aware that the "outcome" will be
quite different from your "input". Fortunetely direct mail is not
subject to the same rule and the text remains unmodified.
Sorry to the " francophones" among you next time better.
Jean