Speedometer magnets and voodoo

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedometer magnets and voodoo
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 23:36:13 EST
Bob,
I think bouncing speedo and rev guages are mostly due to bad cables - either
too dry to spin evenly (lube it) and/or cable is frayed and consistently
'jamming and releasing' causing the surging at the needle.
Ps; I hear it's important to make sure inner cable is not too long.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

 >> Hay guy,
Is it true that when a speedometer starts to bounce that it is a magnetic
problem and the it can be re-magnetized?  Honest, I was told that by a
responsible source. Does any one know how to do it?
Bob Rochlin
72' TR6 <<