Re: Idler Gasket

Subject: Re: Idler Gasket
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:21:01 -0500
Cc: "John Krause (home)" <jktr250@aol.com>
Forgot to "edit my reply" <g> so apparently my earlier post never made it to
the list. Here's a re-post (sorry if you get it twice)...

Scott, it's not just a flat washer made of rubber. It's sort of like an
inner tube with no inner wall - or a very small tire made of inner tube
material. No idea how this thing is supposed to keep the lube inside the
idler arm (or the crud out for that matter), but...well, maybe THAT'S why
these cars leak! :^)

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O