TR7 BFH#49 - Fuel pump o-ring

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR7 BFH#49 - Fuel pump o-ring
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:43:45 EST
My TR7 fuel pump is missing the rubber o-ring that seals the top of the unit,
so it constantly leaks small amounts of gas -- ruining my gas mileage, and
it's also probably a fire hazard.

I haven't found anyone who sells a replacement o-ring for the pump, but is
there someone out there who does carry them?

I bet I can find another o-ring in a hardware store, but what type of rubber
material should I look for that is gas-resistent -- neoprene or something
like that?

Finally, I guess there must be some kind of filter in the gas tank, along
with the screen filter inside the fuel pump, but I'm tempted to add an
in-line filter right before the pump.  Can I just use any in-line filter, or
is there a reason to buy one that is supposedly for the TR7?

As for the fumes, I swear I never inhaled....

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC