Newbie

To: "Dale Neidhammer" <dneid@siliconmetrics.com>
Subject: Newbie
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:22:14 -0500
Message text written by "Dale Neidhammer"
>Fell in love with both cars.  So, here I am
looking into the process of tracking down either a TR6 or a Spitfire.
I have a couple of questions I would like to put forth:
        1.  Spitfire or TR6?  I realize this is probably
            more of a "religious" question.  My frame of
            reference is wrt to parts availability.
        2.  If a TR6, what year(s)?  Any model year with
            significant problems/advantages?
        3.  If Spitfire, MkIV or 1500?
        4.  Is there a TR6 or Spitfire or Triumph FAQ?
        5.  Does anyone know of a Triumph organization
            in Austin?
<

Welcome to the list.  They say that Dub-Ee-Ya drove a TR6 maybe you could
get his.  ;-)

Answers:
1) Fundamentally the same and very good in either case.
2) The condition of the indivual car is far more important than the year.
There are advantages to both the older and new models but the changes
through the range are subtle for the most part.
3) I'll let Joe Curry answer.
4) Yes check the VTR archives (www.vtr.org)
5) I'll let Bob Kramer answer that.

Good luck and join the club before you buy.  Some of the best deals are
made between club members.

Dave