Front shock removal, TR3a

To: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Subject: Front shock removal, TR3a
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:32:32 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by a Wallace
>Here's a quiz for those who've btdt:
"To remove front spring, first extract shock absorber, then use spring
compressor", etc.
All very nice and sensible sounding, but here I am with my frame
practically stripped bare - how do I get the shock out? The spring is
forcing the bottom plate down as far as it will go. I can't jack up the car

to compress it; the whole frame just lifts up in the air.
Any hints? I'm stuck!
<

Um... put the engine back in?

Or you can get a bunch of big buddies to sit on the frame (just think of
the enticement: free beer (hey, the more weight the better) and all you
have to do is sit).

Dave