Is Triumph coming Back???

To: "'Triumphs@autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Is Triumph coming Back???
From: "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:47:43 -0500
Cc: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
I was researching trademarks today for work and got curious, so I checked
Triumph.  Well there were 237 trademarks with the Triumph name in them, of
interest was the fact that on October 19th of 2000 BMW trademarked Triumph,
I was not able to find an earlier trademark on the marque.  So why the
sudden interest in Triumph, a marque that has not been used in 20 years?  I
know last year they refused to sell the Triumph and Riley name.  HMMM, Now I
am getting Curious.
Anybody have inside info.
Here is an exact copy of what is on file with the US Patent and Trademark
Office
Typed Drawing
---
Word Mark Triumph
Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: Parts for
Vehicles.  FIRST USE 18950000.  FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19500000
Mark Drawing Code  (1) Typed Drawing
Serial Number 76149572
Filing Date  October 19, 2000
Owner  (APPLICANT)  Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft CORPORTATION
FED REP GERMANY Petuelring 130 D-80788 Muenchen FED REP GERMANY
Attorney of Record  Martin Fleit
Type of Mark  TRADEMARK
Register  Principal
Live/Dead Indicator  Live