non-british but "HELP"!!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: non-british but "HELP"!!!
From: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:23:46 -0600 (CST)
Just want some help and thot maybe other list members may have had a similar
experience.  Have a 95 Plymouth Neon.......wife car......she just bought it
from a friend who put in another engine.....(salvage) the car has been
draining battery every 3-4 weeks......had it to my favorite independant
mechanic and he can find no drain above normal.  took it to dealership
"technician" who can also not find a drain at all.  I know one time the
battary was drained due to trunk lid not fully closed and light on  (wife
went out after work to find car with trunk blown open)  also wife drives 2
blocks to work......maybe not enuf driving to recharge battary over a period
of time??  Battary is new (2 months old) and is interstate brand....had it
back to local gas station for recheck and they say it is ok.

Am stumped except that maybe we should just drive it more?  Or thot of
swithching the battery with my other car......and see which one causes
trouble.......has anyone else had troubles such as this??  could there  be
an intermittant short problem??

any help appreciated!!!
                Gary, Frances Nafziger
                Box 25