RE: Wiring Harness

Subject: RE: Wiring Harness
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 14:38:10 -0800
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
 Justin Paxton wrote :

> Scan or copy the
> wiring diagram and blow it up to 11x17.

Before you do that, make sure you have the right wiring diagram for your car, or
at least understand the differences between the diagram you have and what your
car should be.  There are several subtle variations that can be frustrating at
best, and at worst "let the smoke out".

For example, the wiring diagram in TRF's "Glove Box companion" for "after comm.
no. TS18913" is not correct for cars before roughly TS43000, that did not have
the dash light dimmer rheostat.  It also shows the temp and fuel gauges in the
wrong place, and a fuse that did not exist on some cars.

I would also suggest considering the addition of a ground harness to the rear
lights on a TR2/3.  The sockets are insulated from the car body by rubber, and
the grounding through the mounting screws is iffy at best.

All of my cars appear to've originally had a ground wire from the fuel tank
sender to a tank mounting bolt, but I've never seen it marked on a diagram ...

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver TS39781LO