RE: First Start

To: "'Justin Paxton'" <justin@bexel.com>, Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: RE: First Start
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:39:38 -0500
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hmmmm....
Where did the engine sit?  Outdoors or wet?  Any chance you put the starte
in incorrectly and it is now hanging up the flywheel?  ( I don't see how
this is readily possible,  although I had an old MGB that did it
occaisionally)  and the motor is absolutly dead-locked up?  NO rocking or
movement at all on the front pulley?   and of course " dropping it in the
car"  is just an expression, right?
        Prior to installing it, did you personally see the motor rotate?
What parts did you install yourself- ie. gas pump, flywheel, etc...
a good puzzler no doubt...
        Bob Westerdale
        59 3A  TS36967

Justin Wrote->
The rebuilder says he cranked the engine by hand many times as he adjusted
the valves after final assembly.  The only thing that has been added is the
clutch.  Yes the car is in neutral.  The only thing I can think of is
related to how long it sat (3 months) prior to finally dropping it in the
car for start up.