Re: First Start

To: "Justin Paxton" <justin@Bexel.com>, "Triumph Newsletter" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: First Start
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 17:18:09 -0800
Cc: "Al Filipeli" <uncle_al@pacificnet.net>, "J.T. Johnson" <j.j.johnson@worldnet.att.net>, "Hal Haenel" <hal@hollywoodcenter.com>, "Justin Paxton" <justin@Bexel.com>, "Steve Russo" <steven568@home.com>, "John Keesee" <johnk@Bexel.com>, "Matt McCracken" <matthew@Bexel.com>, "Skip Kelsey" <kelsey@shadetreemotors.com>, "Dave Hyslop" <davehyslop@worldnet.att.net>, "Jim Potter" <jimhp@Bexel.com>, "Sean Mason" <sean@Bexel.com>, "Paul Baker" <paul@Bexel.com>, "Ben Paxton" <ben123455@aol.com>, "Tim Maher" <wholehog@hotmail.com>, "Gary Peterson" <gary@encorecases.com>, "Howie" <howie@razvideo.com>, "Thorn" <thorn@sonic.net>, "Pat Goldsmith" <pgoldsmith@lafla.org>, "JP Ruggiero" <jstuntp@aol.com>, "Daniel Gamez" <cars_@sprynet.com>, "Jerry Hodges" <jhodges@Bexel.com>, "Dave Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>, "Justin Wagner" <jmwagner@greenheart.com>, "Michael Lai" <mLai@Bexel.com>, "Pat Davis" <patd@hollywoodcenter.com>, "Tom Carr" <tcarr@Bexel.com>
I can give you 2 data points. 1. I can turn my TR3A engine over, with the
plugs in, by puting a little pressure on the fan belt and turning the fan.
No I'm not particularly strong.  2.  The last time I saw someone have a hard
time turning over an engine after a re-build they tried real hard to no
avail because they torqued the rod bearings to the main bearing specs.  they
ended up ruining a perfectly good crank.

So my advice, for what its worth, Don't force it!

Bob