New TR4A Generator from Moss

To: "Rich Scotti" <Rich@Scotti.com>
Subject: New TR4A Generator from Moss
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 14:13:45 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Rich Scotti"
>I just bought a brand new (according to the catalog) generator from moss.
I'm tempted to return it due to some suspicious quality problems. For
example, the cooling fan was painted over a bunch of surface rust  and the
paint came off in sheets in my hand when I lifted the item from the
shipping
box. I can certainly clean up the fan so that's not the issue. How good is
the rest of the part?

Problem: I'm can't try it for quite a while, as the car still has the body
off the frame. If too much time passes they may not take it back.

Question :Has anyone on the list bought and actually used one of these
units? Any data would be appreciated.
<

Rich,

It is probably new old stock (NOS) which means it has never been installed
in a car but has sat on the shelf for the past 35 years and the cursory
coat of paint on the cooling fan has long since emigrated to the dust bin.

As far as testing it I'll bet you can take it to one of the big autoparts
outlets that tests alternators and starters and they can test it for you.

Dave