Re: Top Installaton

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>, "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Top Installaton
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:48:06 -0500
I have them in a very old Amco top box stored in my attic, I will get them
today, but, the top bows should be lined-up where the seams in your top are,
not lining up the seams can result in a rather ugly fitting top, so the bows
can be adjusted after the top has been fitted so as this aligment is
correct.  "FT"
> > replace the top frame webbing, and make sure you have the spread
> >between bows accurately set before beginning the top install..  The
webbing
> >stretches and rots over the years;  I remember some postings about the
> >proper dimensions for the frame a while ago...  but didn't save them.
>
> When you find them, somebody, post them!
>
> My wife and I were surprised on a coolish day (that's why the top was up)
> have the front come loose from the windscreen!  Figured out that the
webbing
> is supposed to keep the frame back where it belongs and not let the top
> force it forward.  I have a roll of TRF-supplied webbing that a netter
sold
> me, but no idea how to mount it or what dimensions it must have.
>
> Phil Ethier    Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
> 1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 Triumph TR4
CT2846L