Re: history( WAY off topic)

To: <naldous@ccgmail.com>, " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: history( WAY off topic)
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 00 09:02:34 -0800
>French, they helped but I have always felt that they have just gone along
>with whoever as long as they could keep their relaxed lifestyle going.

Historically Americans and French have had a close relationship and a
strong bond.  The American revolution would have failed if the French had
not entered into the fighting on the side of the American
revolutionaries.  The blockade made up of the French fleet made the
difference in the end.

During the war of 1812 we were allied with the French once again against
the British.  It was the help of French troops on American soil fighting
alongside our ancestors that kept us from loosing that war.

The Statue of Liberty was a gift of the French people to the American
people.

Before WWII the French and the Americans had very close ties and were the
closest of allies.

Post WWII France emerged very nationalistic and very defensive about
their culture (Almost as defensive as the Canadians of French descent).

Personally I think it is sad that the Americans and French people have
lost that special bond that we once have had.  Of all countries we used
to be the closest of friends.  Now whenever I visit France I have felt
animosity from French people wherever I have gone.

TeriAnn

         Http:www.shadow-catcher.net

Original photographs to view and purchase.