Block Heaters

To: steven@cravetechnology.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Block Heaters
From: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:51:20 EST
In a message dated 11/17/2000 11:24:19 AM Mountain Standard Time,
steven@cravetechnology.com writes:

<< Anyway, does anyone have
 a suggestion for a block heater brand/model that's appropriate
 for a TR4?  (it doesn't need to install in the bumper <g>) >>

Steve;
I don't have a model or brand name to suggest, but the ones we used up north
of the Adirondacks in Northern New York heated the coolant and had a
circulating pump as well as a heater.  We suffered -30 routinely.  Some of
the other syles that were on the market then that did not work as well or
work at all under those severe conditions were the type that fitted under the
oil pan to heat the oil.  Those might work fine under less severe conditions.
 The absolute simplest and cheapest by far is of course to simply place a 75W
bulb next to the engine block and close the hood.  It helps to plug in the
bulb too! I am now recalling all the cars parked in the snow on winter nights
with the peculiar glow under the car.

Bob Paul
Not too worried about block heaters, but I do have snow chains for the TR3.