RE: Manifold Gaskets

To: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Manifold Gaskets
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:27:24 -0800
Justin :

I would definitely recommend anti-seize on the studs that hold the manifolds to
the head, carbs to manifold, and headpipe to manifold.  I use a copper-based
compound, but the others probably work fine, too.

The stock gaskets seem to seal fine without chemicals.  Inspect all the
surfaces beforehand to be sure they are clean and flat.

Make sure the intake manifold is located over the short pins before tightening
the nuts.  Try to get the correct manifold nuts, or else get some tall brass
nuts from the local auto parts store.  They are frequently sold in kits with
exhaust flange studs for GM engines (which BTW will fit your 'tractor engine').
 ISTR the thread is 3/8-16, but I could be wrong.  Don't forget the lock
washers, your old ones may need to be replaced.  If the cut ends don't
mis-align by the thickness of the washer, get new ones.

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO