Re: TR6, low oil pressure, problem solved?

To: haeg1@mninter.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6, low oil pressure, problem solved?
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:10:01 EST
In a message dated 00-11-15 22:30:42 EST, haeg1@mninter.net writes:

<< 3) I've seen ads in the Moss catalog for an oiler tube that sends oil to
the
 rocker arm assembly. Are people having positive results with this
 configuration? Is there a loss of oil pressure when using this assembly?
 4) Are most of you using 20W 50 oil? >>

John,

#3 - I know of a couple of club members who have this setup but don't know
how well it's working for them....I'll ask around next week at our monthly
meeting.  I'm also not sure if the oiler tube is a "fix" for an old
neglected, gummed up engine or is it an improvement to correct an inherent
oil flow routing or pressure problem in the 6 engines or....both of these
reasons?

#4 - I use it....Castrol Syntac 20w-50 and feel that it has kept oil pressure
up at idle and at cruising speeds especially during hot weather driving when
I used to see the pressures drop with good old regular 10w-40.

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (chassis finished - working on body & engine)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (tucked away for a long winter's nap)