TR4A Transmission "clamp"

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A Transmission "clamp"
From: "Rich Scotti" <Rich@Scotti.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 11:32:37 -0800
I'm assembling the peripherals to my '66 TR4A Trans while the body is still
off the frame. I have this "spare part" that I think I know where it goes
but I cant find any reference to it in any catalog or shop manual. It looks
like a single bolt clamp with a steel weight about the size of a small bagel
hanging off the bottom. I believe is clamps around the far rear of the
transmission extension piece. Does anyone on the list have one of these?
Does anyone know what it does? Dampen vibration?

R Scotti
'66 4A