Vanguard vs. TR3

To: ashleys@es.co.nz;, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Vanguard vs. TR3
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 20:28:42 -0500
Ashley,
Just this weekend I had occasion to measure the head studs in my TR3 while
finding some chunks of pipe to hold the sleeves down; they are definitely
1/2, and not 5/8". My engine number is just slightly off the commission
number, so I guess it's original, but Dick didn't finger paint anything on
my block, so who knows. Is it possible you swapped numbers there in your
text? Or is it possible I have a Vanguard engine?
Regards,
Jim Wallace
Ottawa, Canada
William Ashley Southgate wrote:
 >>Hi! From my research here in NZ,yes TRs used the Vanguard blocks,but the
big difference is,the TRs have larger cyclinder head studs ie 5/8,Vanguard
had 1/2 inch studs,the dip stick on TRs is at the front,Vanguards had them
behind the dizzy,but the Vanguard UTE had the dip stick hole up front,&