Re: tr6 window glass

To: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tr6 window glass
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 16:30:42 -0600
Here's the worst case scenario:

Are your rear door gaps even? If the gap between door and body is larger at
the top than the bottom then your rear body may have sagged. If it has
sagged it has pulled most of the mounting holes for the convertible top
down frame with it!  This makes it  difficult to erect the top (you have to
stretch it forward to get it to latch onto the windshield frame) and it
also creates a poor fit between the window glass and the top. It doesn't
take much difference to cause a problem- maybe a 1/4" difference in gap.

The good news is that the rear section of the body is connected to the
frame with 7 bolts. Four support the rear bumper, one goes through the
spare tire, and the other two go through the main frame rails. You can
loosen these bolts and install shims to raise or adjust the body (the
factory used 'C' shaped aluminum washers).

Steel doesn't stretch like canvas so it was virtually impossible for me to
install my factory steel hardtop until I realized what was going on.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com