Re: tr6 window glass

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tr6 window glass
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 14:32:51 -0500
Alan wrote:

> thanks to those who answer my qusestion on hydraulics.
> new question:
> Is it possible to change the angle of the window glass.
> i have a 1/4" gap with the windows rolled up.  they don't touch the rubber
> seal on the soft top.
> Needless to say this makes it rather difficult for my air conditioner to
> work.
> alan salvatore
> florida

Alan,

There is a stop to control the height of the glass when the window is up.  To
access it, remove the door panel.  Once removed, look to the rear of the
opener handle just below the link rod for two small bolts (about 5/16" or
so).  Loosen these two bolts and they will slide in slotted holes in the inner
door stamping.  Slide the bolts forward and that will allow the window to roll
up further.  Adjust a little at a time as a slight movement makes a big
difference in the top of the glass.  Also be careful as the front corner of
the glass will start to foul the windscreen frame and can result in chipping
the corner of the glass if it smacks the windscreen frame too hard.

Cheers!

Brian Schlorff
Power British
http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars