Re: Smokin TR4 results

To: leyte@lvs.net
Subject: Re: Smokin TR4 results
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 14:04:40 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 05-Nov-00 23:38:34 Eastern Standard Time, leyte@lvs.net
writes:

> It seems most have agreed that valve guides are the issue. Is a valve job
>  in order, or are "umbrellas" available to slow/stop oil flow through the
>  valve guides? I remember from my Chevy small block days that umbrellas
were
>  readily available to "quick fix" this problem?
>
>  Thanks again,

Gary, I tried Chrysler "umbrellas" in '94.  My mechanic said that they fit
perfectly.

However, my problem was not solved.  I had a scored cylinder wall which was
letting oil into the combustion chamber.  For that reason I can't tell you
exactly how well the "umbrellas' worked.  In my case I had to replace one
cylinder liner and one piston.  Hope you are not in the same situation.
Cheers.

Art Kelly