RE: Brakes drop in TR4 autocross

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brakes drop in TR4 autocross
From: "Larry Griffin" <lgriffin@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 00:17:33 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
-------cut-----
----more cut----
> >What the heck is this?  Could the cornering force on the
> >these ridiculously
> >UN-sticky tires possibly cause the front disks to push back
> >enough to add
> >all this extra brake travel?
> >
> >Seems hard to believe.  Neither I nor our picky tech
> >inspector thought the
> >wheel bearings were loose.
> >
> >Anybody recognize these symptoms?

Phil,
Just a thought in addition to what others have posted. I once had a problem
with boiling the brake fluid when autocrossing my Spitfire. I hadn't changed
the brake fluid and learned how much water had been absorbed the hard way
:-( . That brake fluid sure took the paint off the firewall! Doubt this is
your problem, but thought I would throw it out anyway.

-Larry Griffin
lgriffin@prodigy.net
68 Spitfire