Re: Brakes drop in TR4 autocross

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes drop in TR4 autocross
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:22:53 -0700
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I agree with the other comment about the front wheel bearings.  I replaced my
bearings last week and was able to maintain a firm pedal at my autocross
Sunday.  Previously, I had to pump the pedal to get good pressure, which is not
good in a timed event.  Also check your rotors to make sure you don't have a
grove in the back from rubbing the lower a-arm bolt at full steering lock.  As
you fling the car around, the flex of the suspension and the uneven rotor will
push the pistons into the calipers enough to matter.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6