RE: Help with TR3 Lucs sport coil swap

To: TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help with TR3 Lucs sport coil swap
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:24:25 -0700
Dave :

The answer depends on whether your car has been converted to negative ground or
not (which IMO is why Lucas changed the markings).  If your car is still
positive ground, then the "+" terminal goes to the distributor and the "-"
terminal gets the white wire from the harness.  If your car is negative ground,
then the "-" terminal goes to the distributor, and the "+" terminal gets the
white wire from the harness.

Randall
59 TR3A - with negative ground