RE: TR4 - Wet Brakes - Scary Problem

To: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 - Wet Brakes - Scary Problem
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 12:34:02 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Randall,

Thanks for the reply. I suspect you are right about the pad
material.  Based on lots of things, including the age of parts I
have replaced... I think my car was in storage for a major part
of its life before me.  It was very lightly used for 15 Years in
Buffalo, NY by the PO. I already have a replacement pad set
staged for the winter work season.  Although I do remember this
brake behavior back in 1963 but not as pronounced.

There was no hydroplaning... I know the symptoms. I had complete
steering control.  I tested the thing over and over again to
learn how much time delay there would be.  I had to start
thinking way ahead.  If I used the brakes right after "drying
them out"... they worked perfectly.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site