Weber downdrafts and TR6 PCV system

To: "Triumphs \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber downdrafts and TR6 PCV system
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 21:50:08 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
OK Gang, here's the dilemma.
My newly acquired '74 TR6 was outfitted by the previous owner with the dual
Weber down draft carbs and a nice alloy valve cover. So far so good. But, he
completely eliminated the PCV system, which makes for to much pressure under
the valve cover. This in turn makes the oil want to seep out under the oil
filler cap.
Any of you folks run into this problem?
My first choice would be a vented and filtered oil filler cap. But, the
alloy valve cover has as a 2" I.D. hole in the cap. A quick check of the
parts catalog shows the biggest cap of this type is @ 1 3/4".
Anyone have a source for these oversize filler caps?
My next plan of attack would be to cast my vanity aside and remove the fancy
cast valve cover for the stock one sitting on my work bench. I can then fit
a vented cap. Next, I could fit a PVC valve to the vent hose on the valve
cover.
My next problem is where to plumb the opposite end of the PCV valve.
Should I fit it to the it to the manifold? Or, should I use a "T" fitting
and plumb it into the base of each air cleaner?
Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Paul Burr