Re: Stuck clutch???

To: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>
Subject: Re: Stuck clutch???
From: "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:03:25 -0500
Cc: triumphs list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I want to thank all the suggestions for releasing the clutch.  Being
only an amateur mechanic, I took my TR-4A to a long time experienced
professional......I took along your ideas and learned that he had
already tried all of them, well at lease most of them.  I do not think
he tried to running car dropping down from the jack, but he has been
driving it, pushing it...said they covered 15 miles right in the garage
(turns engine over rather than release the clutch), had it running
jacked up, etc., left clutch braced over night, and has heated up the
engine by running several times.  He was planning one last driving
attempt this afternoon, then reluctantly, he will be removing the tranny
and replacing the clutch.

That is why I went with a professional, I can do much of it, but I get
discouraged really quickly when things do not go well.  I will have
plenty to do when it comes home.  Water pump sounds like it is
struggling, but engine sounds pretty good.  Sure does need a lot of
cleaning up and detailing.  Not bad for 33 years old, but a long way
from the perfect shape I want.....

Thanks again....I will advise of progress....

Larry from near Indianapolis