Commission plate overspray removal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Commission plate overspray removal
From: "Gary Blake" <garyb@fast.co.za>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 18:05:33 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
To all list paint experts
I have recently acquired a Stag that has been poorly resprayed. The
commission plate attached to the left hand side b-post was not removed when
the car was resprayed so it is now a nice red. The car's commission no and
paint and trim codes are still visible but I would like to be able to return
the plate to its original state with the black painted details on it. Sure
thinners will remove the red oversprayed paint but I am worried that it will
also remove the original black paint on the plate.
Any suggestions on how best to get this right except for buying a new
commission plate?
Thanks
Gary