Re: Fashion advice? chilly morning in a TR4

To: <greenman62@hotmail.com>, <TexasTR4@aol.com>, <steven@cravetechnology.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fashion advice? chilly morning in a TR4
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 22:24:34 -0500
>   The Blair Catalogue lists what looks like an A2 leather jacket for
>   about $100... It's probably light weight but it looks OK.
>Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)

Some years ago, I scored a bomber jacket for about 70 dollars when Northern
closed them out.  Instead of American sheep, though, this one was made of
Korean goats.  It has served me well.  Check around.  There are leather
bomber jackets available for less than hundreds of dollars.

Come to think of it, I wore the jacket to the the Europa's first autocross
in October of 1993.

It will probably come in handy in the TR4 along with my tweed cloth cap with
the fold-to-the-inside earflaps.  Two bad I didn't get to use them on my
Texas trip, but they seemed somehow inapropriate at 100 degrees F.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban, 1962 Triumph TR4
"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster" - 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a
bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.