Re: Seattle area: may I borrow your spring compression tool?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seattle area: may I borrow your spring compression tool?
From: "derek evans" <derek_evans@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:25:52 +0930charset="iso-8859-1"
>You don't need one. Per the factory shop manual all you need are some jack
stands and a floor jack.

>Support the car on stands,  compress the front suspension by pumping up
your floor jack under the spring pan, undo some bolts (this is the hard
part unless you've had it apart sometime in the last decade), then lower
the floor jack and it all comes apart safely. I did this very thing to my
74 TR-6 a couple of weeks ago.

DON'T try this , it's scary, when you try to put it back the car lifts off
the jack stand and you have a situation where it's half balanced on an
unbolted spring plate and the other stand.

i found my herald spring compressors (home made ) fitted inside the springs
and worked safely.

derek