Re: More on Triumphest and autocross.

To: "The Hubbards" <the.hubbards@home.com>, "Triumphs Digest" <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More on Triumphest and autocross.
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 19:47:22 -0500
From: The Hubbards <the.hubbards@home.com>

>Gymkhana;  noun  1  a field day held for equestrians, consisting of
>exhibitions of horsemanship and much pageantry.  2  a place where this
>is held. [m. Hindi gendhkana]...from the Random House Dictionary of the
>English Language (unabridged).

Let's check Merriam-Webster:
gym·kha·na
Pronunciation: jim-'kä-n&, -'ka-
Function: noun
Etymology: probably modification of Hindi gedkhAna, literally, ball court
Date: 1877
: a meet featuring sports contests or athletic skills: as a : competitive
games on horseback b : a timed contest for automobiles featuring a series of
events designed to test driving skill

>Autocross; no listing
au·to·cross
Pronunciation: 'o-tO-"kros, 'ä-tO-
Function: noun
Etymology: auto + motocross
Date: 1963
: an automobile gymkhana

>Funkhana; no listing
Funkhana
No Listing

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green