RE: seat springs

To: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>, "'Mark Gendron'" <mgendron@speakeasy.org>
Subject: RE: seat springs
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 19:43:29 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Carl,

I rebuilt the seats in my TR4 with the older seats over the
winter.  They turned out really nice a VERY comfortable.  I
bought everything from TRF.  The old springs were very thin and
rusted to a fair-thy-well.  The TRF spring set was from John
Skinner and I suspect the rest of the stuff was too.

The new springs were about 2" higher than the old ones and had
much more substantial springs.  This make the cushions about 2"
higher when redone and installed.  But about the same height has
the TR4A seats that came with the car.  I redid the seat
cushions... adding a layer of 1" upholstery foam on top.  The car
is actually comfortable now on long drives.  But the seats look a
bit high to me.

John Skinner has parts for all TRs.... check out the catalog
pages at www.john-skinner.co.uk

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site