Re: Transmission woes

To: <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: Transmission woes
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:40:46 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Dennis
It sounds to me like either the detent springs are weak, these are often
over looked in the process of a rebuild, or the circlip on the front of the
main shaft, though this usually causes a problem in second as well.
The great thing about these boxes is if you know what you are looking at the
fault will usually leap out to you when you open them up.

Graham.
2500 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI