Re: primer cleanup

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>, "Keith Ehrlich" <kehrlich@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: primer cleanup
From: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:53:44 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Nothing personal but in all my years in the car repair business I have never
heard of such a thing!

The old timers, still today, dry flat with wet and dry paper. Their concern
is not to place any moisture anywhere near the job in hand. Then you can
apply an industrial vacuum cleaner over the area and finish off with a 'tack
rag'.

Anyone who prefers washing off the gunge and drying out the joints after wet
flatting needs their head testing!

Which ever way you choose either way is down to personal prefference. I have
tried both ways and for years I have dry flatted primer and paint with
similar results with less work in my opinion.

Dixie