Re: primer cleanup

To: Keith Ehrlich <kehrlich@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: primer cleanup
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 01:18:43 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Keith Ehrlich wrote:

> Listers-
>
> After  sanding the primer coat before top coat, what is a prefered
> method for removing the primer dust?  Other than washing since I don't
> want to unmask my entire engine bay and engine at this point.

  From my experience, the primer should be wet sanded
anyways, the only way IMHO to get it flawlessly smooth.

  Needless to say, with all the water going around, all
it takes is some more water to get it almost clean, and
then the tack cloth to do the last run.

  My 2 cents anyways, I wouldn't try the process dry.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca