ATF - No LBC - Dodge Diesel Trucks

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ATF - No LBC - Dodge Diesel Trucks
From: "Rob C Swift" <RobSwift@PetCentre.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 12:31:35 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello List,

        I am sorry to do this, but I know there are a few Dodge Ram owners out
there....

        To try and keep this simple, I would like to upgrade the ATF in my '98
Dodge 2500 to Redline synthetic.  I pull a 30' trailer and feel like the
transmission can use all the protection it can get.  My problem is that the
owner of the local speed shop (who has a Dodge diesel himself) says that the
Redline ATF is rated at "C+" and Dodge calls for "C++"  Where can I learn
more about the difference in the two ratings, and is the difference
significant enough to make me NOT want to use this in my truck?

        Also, does anyone have any ideas about how to drain the torque
converter?
I can probably have it tapped so that there is a drain in the future, or try
to find a mechanic that has one of those Wynn transmission flushers.  So if
anyone has any experience with either of these options please let me know.

        Lastly, I know there are a variety of Dodge-Cummings interest groups out
there, but I am having a little trouble locating them on the web.  Any help
here?

Thanks a lot!!

Rob Swift
Manassas, VA